Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fun Day!

So last night was...interesting. Didn't get much sleep after 3am. Then went to the chiropractor this morning and found out I have moderate scoliosis. I have always known i've had a messed up back and it's always been uncomfortable. At times, it has been so bad I couldn't walk or bend. If I ever walk for very long, it realllly hurts. I figured gymnastics and cheerleading just messed it up. I never would have guessed scoliosis. I've never had an xray or anyone really check for it, I guess.

I got a coupon for a full spinal xray, consult, and adjusment for $20, so I went. Not only could I clearly see an S in my spine, my hip was off making one leg seem a tiny bit longer (why it hurts walking very far), and my neck curves the opposite direction its supposed to (why I have headaches non stop). I have no idea what lies ahead other than a lot of chiropractic visits this month and maybe physical therapy. Maybe a brace, maybe surgery. No idea but none the less, fun stuff...it will be weird not having any pain or discomfort. Maybe I'll be more patient, less irritable. I won't know what to do with myself!

I wish I would have taken a picture of my xray. Maybe tomorrow!

3 comments:

Gena said...

A chiropractor told me I would need physical therapy for life due to playing the violin and having a curved spine. I never went back.....

Yours sounds like the real deal, though. Hope it's not too serious!

ANGI said...

My neck curves backwards too! We're freak twinkies!

Lisa said...

Wow! Thats crazy! I had no idea you were in such bad shape! Hopefully this diagnosis will help and you can get to feeling better!
Thanks for coming this morning! I can't wait to see the final product of our interview! :o)