Sunday, May 3, 2009

The weekend

Even though we had rain, it ended up being a good weekend where we kept busy...which was helpful. We went to the Sam Noble museum with Abbie (Wes's dad) who came to spend the weekend with us. We then babysat Saturday evening, so decided to have a pizza and movie night. Avery loves babies and really wants to have another!
Because our heater broke just a couple of hours before this big pizza and movie night, we had play time in the sun room with the heating unit.
After a while, Avery decided she wanted to play with an icepack. Never would have imagined how long an icepack could entertain children (only in a heated room though!).
Sunday we decided we needed some heat, and used our fire place for the first time...
and it didn't work that well, so we went down the street to Amy's house for a cookout.
Oh, and I made this salad and bought the dressing Elizabeth recomended and boy was it yummy. However, if you have a portion control problem...it's dangerous!! This ended up being my portion (on top of my hamburger!) I'm still hurting...but it was sure good!
Wes is excited about going to work tomorrow and actually doing work for the very first time since Christmas break! He has been feeling great and running around like he's never been sick. It's good to have our husband and daddy back. Thanks for all of the prayers!

3 comments:

Natalie Hudkins said...

That looks like a good time! I am glad things are looking up for you.

Lauren said...

Kayla,
So after being a blog stalker for about 4 months, I'm leaving a comment. I know, I'm a horrible person for reading without commenting. But just so you know, I've genuinely enjoyed reading your posts. Keep it up! I'll try to not be such a stalker from now on. :)
~Lauren Jacoby

Brittany Bean said...

That salad looks SO YUMMY!