Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baby elephant, cousins, magic shows, crazy teeth.

We. Have. Been. Busy. Part 5.

While Wes's sister's family was in town, they went to Red Earth. This is how they kept Wes busy while I was at home preparing for his surprise party. They made little crafts, ate yummy Indian taco's, watched cute kids dance their heart out in their little native dresses, and bought overpriced trinkets! Wes has failed our children. Zane thought the teepee he made was a hat...
I'm thinking we should checkout some Native American culture books from the library. Maybe even learn a few Choctaw words. Or at least just make sure they know what a teepee is...
We also visited the zoo!! I really badly wanted to jump the fence and squeeze this little baby elephant
I can't remember if I have mentioned how cute these kids are yet? I really wish they lived closer together.
Somehow when we have gone to the zoo in the past, we would play in the river, but totally missed the spraying water section. The kids loved it and didn't want to leave...
but I knew it was going to get really hot really soon, so we moved on to feed the birds. Zane was a little unsure of a bird being on his arm, but ended up thinking it was pretty cool.
Avery is less adventurous. "They can't reach it, you have to get closer" was said a lot!
We were wowed by disappearing crayons, card tricks, and coins growing out of ears.
and we got another loose tooth that looked like this...
and could be twisted to look like this...
and finally ended like this...
After taking 5 days for the tooth fairy to appear after round 1, I was hoping she'd do my baby girl right this time. Unfortunately the tooth fairy played scrabble (and won!) until 1 am and forgot AGAIN!
She quickly snuck money under the pillow during breakfast.

Later that day Avery comes to me and says "The tooth fairy forgot again but the boys put money under my pillow. They were trying to be tricky, but I know they did it because I checked when I woke up and there wasn't any money! They think they are really tricky!"

WHAT?? THEY TOOTH FAIRY DIDN'T GET CREDIT?? NO WAY.

I said "Avery, the tooth fairy sometimes comes after you wake up. Especially if you wake up early. The boys didn't give you that. It really was the tooth fairy!!"

"Well, she didn't take the tooth this time so I think the boys are just trying to trick me."

I CAN NEVER WIN. I'M A TOOTH FAIRY LOSER.

No comments: