Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Can't stop sewing!!

Mom, I'm finally putting the sewing machine you got me to great use! It took me a while to find someone who could teach me but thanks so much to Gina for the 2 one hour (or less!) lessons! I made quite a few pieces of garbage but I'm finally getting the hang of it! Here are some of my latest!
I love the Fall season!! I realized I can make bows which was exciting!!

I love this cupcake outfit. What you don't see is the two times I sewed part of neck together. So frustrating!This one turned out cute but that flower took a while trying to make all the curves as perfect as possible! I have fallen in love with fabric paint on clothes. The stencil being cut out of freezer paper and ironed on (then peeled off when done). This isn't my favorite as I just wanted to hurry, get it done, wash it, and see how it turned out! It makes a cute soft shirt. The paint stays great and it doesn't leave an itchy inside for babies like appliques tend to do. I will be doing more of these soon!! Thought I'd try making a skirt from scratch! Learned a lot of what to do and not do next time! I also tried fabric paint (owl body) along with sewing and realized you can't sew over paint! It ends up tearing apart where the paint and stitches meet after a few washings! Maybe if I would have sewed first and then painted?Avery liked the owl and wanted one for herself so I did it again but with material! This is a fun retro outfit and I love the way it turned out! I don't have an embroidery machine to monogram so I used fabric paint for the M! I've also enjoyed making hooded towels. First one (pink) I tried making corners and did terrible. So next (green) I just rounded the corners and it was better.

These two were better but still not perfect! The front would look great but the back would shift and wouldn't look as good as the front. I think I should probably spend the extra time pinning every 6 inches and that would help a lot!

Get ready to do Christmas shopping for me at Hobby Lobby!!! Start early so you catch the sales :)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

WOW you are doing so good! You need to find a craft fair or something to sell some of these creations!

Natalie Hudkins said...

Proud of you! Just getting my machine threaded frustrates me. Everything looks great!!! Are you going to make something for Mr. Z.? Ha ha.

Gina said...

You are doing awesome!! I love all the stuff! Are you using stencils for your painted letters? We must have been thinking alike because I made an owl shirt, too - but mine was for Liam! Be sure you make them something coordinating for Christmas!