Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's all about how you grew up...

It facinates me how we form strong feelings about certain things by how we grew up. Here are just a few of my examples...
I ate a ton of bbq chips back when I was in grade school and after throwing them up, it was not until I was an adult that I ate them again!
You will not see me drinking sprite or gatorade unless I'm stranded in the desert with nothing else to drink! Those are only for when I'm sick, otherwise...they will make me sick!
I cringe just hearing the phrase "pulling weeds"
Wes cracks me up because he will save money by fixing computers, ice makers, a/c, my parents lawn mower, etc. However, when it comes to cars, he goes all out. His childhood American clunkers were always in the shop, so he likes newer foreign only and if you leave one piece of dirt in his car, you will forever be banned from getting in.
His dream in life is to drive a Porsche. Yes, this is soul purpose for living, stemming from days of watching a porsche drive by in his neighborhood while he stood next to the clunker!
Last night we went to see our niece play soccer and grabbed some Braums. I said “Oh, we could get the bag of burgers deal!” Little did I know that phrase to Wes is like my "pulling weeds" phrase! I guess he lived off those plain boring cheap bag of burgers for too long! He was going to pick the exact burger he wanted and no one was going to stop him!
Here is my cute niece!

I think Zane's burger was laced with some crazy mad cow diseased hormones!!? I could not get a single normal picture from him! In fact, the only way I can get a more normal looking picture is by saying oh look its a spider...and this is what i get...I am hoping that by letting Avery sing crazy made up songs at the top of her lungs, pretending she is Hannah Montana, will produce a girl that is so over Hannah Montana by the time she is 8!!I would hate for her life long dream to be a Hannah Montana impersonator.

No comments: