Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten!

Fourth blog today. Avery was very excited to start school. I went with her early to meet the teacher and take some pictures. Here are both me and her first day of Kindergarten school pictures! I think our hands look a like???

Zane really wanted to stay and play with playdoh! I can't wait until SSS so he can hang out with his friends too!

After dropping off Avery, there was a sip and sob time for the Kindergarten parents! I did not need any kleenex, but it was nice to get some coffee and doughnuts and chit chat with other parents. Zane loved the doughnut time too! We came back during lunch time to eat lunch with her and take a few more pictures.... Pretty sure I won't be doing that again for a long time! Avery's class was the last one to come into the lunch room...which time has changed since I was in school! No lunch card! Just say your name and the lunch lady touched the computer screen and charges the account! but anyway, they got mixed up thinking they were the first instead of last...so they were the first to leave. I kid you not, we just sit down with our food and took this picture...and were told we had just a few more minutes so finish up! I had to swallow everything whole, make Avery do the same, and just carried Zane's in my hand. I NEVER want to be one of THOSE moms...but I did express a tad concern that my daughter didn't get a chance to eat. Hopefully it will not be so crazy after the first few days and they will pay better attention to which class actually comes first and which one comes last!!

Pick up line was insane. I ended up parking and walking up to get her! I then read the letter she came home with saying not to do that! Maybe I'll just not go until 3:50!! Welp, she came home and loved it! She said her favorite thing was Art time! Isn't that suprising...

All in all - Good Day!


4 comments:

Shelly said...

That is so cute that you both at the same hand "thing" going on in your pictures. We start on Thursday. And they gave us direction to pull up with our kids name in the car window and they would get him to me.

Lori said...

The "hand thing" is hilarious! What a great idea to compare pics like that. Love it!

Tamra said...

Can't believe she's already in Kindergarten. Still seems like just yesterday (okay, maybe a few weeks ago) that I got to hold her mere minutes after she was born. I might need a sip and sob time, too!

Brittany Bean said...

I cannot believe Avery is in kindergarten!!! That is just crazy!