Friday, March 13, 2009

This is Wes and I approve this message.

Once upon a time...Mr. all buisness, Vice President of the Student Body, President of College of Republicans, President of Sigma Chi Sigma and Homecoming King nominee met...
The amazingly smart and talented cheerleader who was crazy and loved hanging out with her friends in South Padre. Wes was a lucky man!
We started dating in 2003. Here we are as Starbucks workers for Halloween! Some other pictures of us. During college classes, I enjoyed making collages on the laptop!
We got married five years ago today in 2004! All I remember is starving myself the night before in order to fit in my dress and then spending the entire wedding just waiting for the moment I could get out of the dress. Not real sure what was said during the ceremony but I planned nothing and let my mom do everything. I recommend this girls. I'm a real romantic.

[looking everywhere for wedding pics on computer/CD's...15 minutes later gave up. Pondered taking a picture of a picture in our scrapbook. Too lazy] Sorry, you will see no picture of that wonderful day!!

Here I am in my 3rd trimester with Avery. Don't let this picture fool you. I spent the entire pregnancy throwing up. Getting up to go to the bathroom felt like I had just ran a marathon (which is why I think marathon runners are CRAZY).
In 2005 we went on a week long cruise. I am not sure why this was our last vacation alone but we have realized how silly that is and are excited for Wes to get better so we can go again soon!Here is what our 2nd pregnancy looked like. One arm with a PICC line and the other arm with a 6 inch bruise. After screaming the entire time, the doctor finally stopped and said "Oh you were right...the line was ripping your vein going in. We will have to do your other arm."2006 family picture taken by Mandy Stansberry! We need to do this again.
In 2007 Wes passed the CPA exam and bought himself a gift (in the background!) My huge prayer was answered and I thought life was going to be smooth sailin'!
Easter 2008.And then there has been 2009 which has been...eventful.
One thing that has helped us last is good Christian friends who we are able to be real with.

and they continue to live happily ever after...!

Things not pictured. The many opportunities EACH YEAR that could have easily ended in divorce. The one and only reason I am able to blog about being together for 5 years is the fact we have both been committed. We will see every counselor out there if we need to and somehow make it work. I don't think the words "bliss" or "fairy tale" could describe the past 5 years. However, we do see the many blessings we have been given, the prayers that have been answered (maybe not the way we wanted), the hardships that have made us grow, and Christ who has been with us the whole time.

9 comments:

Samantha said...

I follow your blog and just wanted to say that I think your family are amazing. Every time I read your blog, the love you have for your family can clearly be seen. I hope that knowing you have encouraged other people will make your day a little brighter. Thank you for sharing all your feels with us bloggers. Your kids are beautiful.

Candice said...

Kayla, Congratulations on 5 years. Marriage is hard. Anyone who says anything else is fooling themselves. People change and sometimes they don't change together. It is up to a man and woman to be committed to see each other through change and changing circumstances. We wish you guys a VERY happy rest of 2009 and that Wes fully recovers and your biggest worry is the frivolous things you probably used to fight about. Love you!

Summer said...

Yes, you are a true success story! I love ya'll!!!

Shelly said...

Kayla- You are so truthful in this blog. I have been married 10 years. Through it all I was no Cinderella nor did I marry prince charming. But through it all Divorce was never an option and we have 2 great boys and are living the best time of lives with each other. God Bless.

Brei said...

I love this post! Very inpsiring. We are continuing to pray for you guys and sending lots of good thoughts your way.

April said...

Happy 5th Anniversary! You are so blessed and have a beautiful family. :)

Gena said...

We love you guys, Kayla. Happy Anniversary!

Gina said...

Kayla,
I love this post. You are so right. The "justifiable" reasons for divorce are almost always there in any marriage; but God, commitment and sacrifice will save it. The kids will love this post when they are old enough to appreciate it - it is a true love story. Love for God, love for your children, and love for each other is so evident in it, and the kids need to see that, too.
Love,
Gina

Kinzie said...

Happy 5th Anniversary!! Congratulations!!