Sunday, March 15, 2009

Do I have an addiction?!

I am always needing to be doing something artsy. In between laundry loads and vacuuming, I'll start a project. Most projects take me about a year to complete. Wes usually doesn't get this...so it helps when I have a good reason to do something! Like this cute charm someone made for me. I of course needed to make a necklace for it! Hobby Lobby had 50% off beads so it was a total sign from above.It gave Avery something fun to do after school too!
When she went to put her new necklaces up, they didn't all fit in her jewelry box. So of course she needed somewhere to put them (this picture is lacking several because they are at GG's house with Avery right now!) So a hobby lobby run was a must...no other option really! After realizing there was not a single square inch in Avery's room that didn't contain something I made, I decided to move to the closet and organize it with cute pink crates! Very good purchase!? I wont tell you that I want to make corner shelves in this closet to add more "rooms" to her dollhouse because she has patio furniture that doesn't fit in her patio.
I will admit to a downfall...when I start a project (her necklace holder) I always have to start another random one making things a little messy. I saw a shadow box also 50% off from hobby lobby screaming at me. I thought it would look amazing with a bunch of junk hotglued inside it (doesn't everyone?). This is not finished and probably wont be for several months. But one day it will be an "I spy" artwork totally filled with junk in which you'll have to find!
Here is one of the projects started a year ago that I just hung up! It started with a beanbag that just wasn't cute. I wanted to recover it because I had a dream I could sew. I decided to paint on the remaining material and I finally stapled it to wood and hung it up! Wes doesn't know how lucky he is...you should tell him! Because failing at a beanbag cover hit my crafty ego hard, It took me a year to forget about it long enough to try another sewing project. Zane had a one panel curtain that I cut in half and added a navy blue strip to. Wes didn't show much enthusiasm but i'm sure it was from having his energy zapped out of him because honestly...how could we have lived without this improvement!?
I wish I could live inside hobby lobby...

2 comments:

Chellie said...

I like the new painting over your couch

Gina said...

Oh, now THAT would make for the PERFECT weekend getaway. If you can figure out a way to sneak in, let me know, and I'll join you!