Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday Fun

It feels like forever since we have had an Art Day! We missed February so I tried to do two in March. Spring Sing weekend no one was able to come and we almost thought this weekend would be ruined by the ice and several inches of snow! I'm glad some were able to make it. Avery was excited!
We first drew a picture of what we thought Spring looked like. Then we painted it.
Zane painted spiderman and is screaming "spiderman!!" in this photo!
Here is everyones paintings!

While the kids were coloring and painting, I was melting some crayons and pouring them into the mold. It comes out the best if the mold is metal and can be put in the oven (or mini muffin liners). I tried finding heart ones during valentines and then easter ones at hobby lobby but all I found was plastic so I had to pour the melted wax.

It was then time to make homemade chalk! Plaster of Paris, water, and powered tempera paint is all you need! We poured it into little flower molds. They turned out so cute!

It was then snack time. Grape juice and goldfish!

After snack we read You're All My Favorites and talked about how it doesn't matter what you look like, you are all favorites in your mommy and daddy's eyes and in God's eyes!What is a playdate without dress up time!They wanted to end by wathching Frogstreet Alphabet movie!Here is our creations! Chalk and crayons!

No comments: