Saturday, July 30, 2011

Did someone say Chinese Torture a couple days ago?!?

This year I had decided not do Birthday parties and just have family over!
It went over just fine with Zane, but Avery cried saying I promised her last year she could have a Sweet N Sassy party this year....

I let her win...about one week before the party!
I waited until the last minute and did a terrible job at planning how it would all go down. I don't recommend doing that with this type of party!!! I needed to have more girls helping with hair and nails, but forgot to ask!!
(Getting my Uppercase Living order yesterday didn't help either. I just couldn't wait to put them up!!)
At first, I was VERY unsure how it was all going to go down. I miscalculated ribbon and sent Zac to hobby lobby and lost the crimp beads and spent 15 minutes frantically looking for them- missing the opening of presents and singing happy birthday. I thought about running away!A few had to get their hair done while opening gifts and some girls we didn't spray enough and the curl didn't hold. Hope the girls weren't too disappointed in our lack of skills!!You can't tell by the pictures, but if you look at our kitchen floor, you will see we did in fact spray everyone's hair with lots of glitter!! Thank you to everyone for the great gifts- Avery has been occupied the past 5 hours!!
It was then time for Brittany's amazing gourmet cupcakes!! The girls also colored a shrink a doodle charm with their initial on it. I should have had them use only light colors so you could see the initial better. Some may need to go over it with a silver paint pen. I think they still turned out pretty cute though!!
Thank goodness the girls were patient, sweet, and calm! I would have needed a couple of shots if they weren't ;)
It worked out. It's over. I never have to do it again. Yipee!!
Next year- swim party where I don't have to do ANYTHING...except borrow a neighborhood pool!!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Mia had a great time. BTW I need to know what size of curling iron that is. Mia's hair looked great and she wants me to curl it now too.

rebeckaoneal said...

should have called me I could have givin you a few tips to make it go fast and smooth!!

Gena said...

Such sweet pictures. Thanks for inviting Raegan!

Michelle said...

Okay, so the little girl in the first pic totally looks like me when I was little... weird!

Sophie had fun and actually liked getting her extra curly. She always wants it straight like Av's, but yesterday was different.

Thanks for inviting her!