We had our first injury...
Poor S broke her arm falling from this climbing wall...
I can't believe it actually broke. I feel so bad. We have been here several times with no falls. I'm kinda paranoid to go back.
A high has been playing http://pbskids.org/island. Tons and tons of games and all of them Zane can do by himself! He could play for hours if I let him and he wants to do it everyday. You have to login each time but can add as many kids onto your account. Zane clicks on his name and goes to town. Each time you pass a level, you get to build to another ride to add to the island. There is a progress tracker and I see that Zane has eared 74 tickets and spent 53. His most frequently played game is Theo's puzzles. He has mastered rhyming, letter identification, alliteration, and letter sequencing. He is working on phonics, phonemic awareness, and hasn't gotten to reading/vocab yet. Love it and its Free!!
A high has been playing http://pbskids.org/island. Tons and tons of games and all of them Zane can do by himself! He could play for hours if I let him and he wants to do it everyday. You have to login each time but can add as many kids onto your account. Zane clicks on his name and goes to town. Each time you pass a level, you get to build to another ride to add to the island. There is a progress tracker and I see that Zane has eared 74 tickets and spent 53. His most frequently played game is Theo's puzzles. He has mastered rhyming, letter identification, alliteration, and letter sequencing. He is working on phonics, phonemic awareness, and hasn't gotten to reading/vocab yet. Love it and its Free!!
5 comments:
Thanks for the tip! David played on that website today. :)
We got on this site today, it's great! I like how she was so concerned about her tickets adding up, which in turn helped introduce math concepts.
Please don't feel bad about Sophie's arm. It really is a small break and very common. The cast is only on for 3 weeks and it's waterproof! Her main concern has been if she will be able to suck her thumb! :)
See you soon!
Sounds like a good time to break the thumb sucking! My nephew has popped his out of socked like 3 times.
But, since I babysat before I can imagine how scared you were. Accidents happen.
I will have to check out that website. Owen loves to play computer games!
I love pbs kids, I use it in my classroom. Another cute website for reading is www.storylineonline.net and www.starfall.com
PS-I used my husbands google account to post the comment. Johanna
Post a Comment