Friday, February 26, 2010

Got Mad Crocheting Skills?


As soon as I heard Jessica's idea of wanting to start this in OKC, I told her I'd be in. Of course, not to expect much production on my part, but effort none the less. I have completed 2 scarves and have a goal of one a month! We meet once a month to crochet together, if you'd like to join in on the fun. I think we should make carrying around a big crocheting bag and pulling out our work in progress while we wait in line at Wal-mart, the new fashion trend. Anyone with me?

Anyone is welcome to knit or crochet a scarf which in turn will be given to a victim of sexual abuse through the local YWCA. The gift of a scarf shows our concern and sorrow for what has happened to the victim. The scarves are tangible objects that can be held or wrapped around the neck, with the deeper meaning known only by the wearer. If you would like to contribute a scarf or yarn, please do!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hey Kayla- I have started my first one. It has been a long time since I have crochet. A lady at my church is giving me a bunch of yarn. I emailed Jessica and told her I would get some to you all. Also if anyone is around Yukon the last Friday of the month a bunch get together and scrapbook and now I have extended it to if you want to crochet or knit. We usually meet around 8pm.