Saturday, March 20, 2010

SPRING BREAK!!

Before any trip, we have to clean out our car. This is usually Wes's job while i'm packing everyone's clothes. This time, I had to do everything. I filled up 2 walmart sacks of recycle (bottles and paper), 2 sacks full of trash (crumbs, stickers, food wrappers, 4 month old black fuzzy hot pockets), and 2 sacks full of junk that is still laying on our kitchen floor (socks, cups, toys). So so gross. I feel this is normal when you have kids, but I may just be in denial. I also had to rearrange the carseats and check out what is underneath them...
So Thursday evening we drove to Dallas and stayed with Amy's mom. We woke up at 6am Friday and drove to my friend Julie's house near Baton Rouge. We spent the evening in New Orleans walking around the French Quarter and of course Bourbon Street. The voodoo stores are creepy...(you can't tell, but that is a real alligator head Amy is holding!)This guy was standing on a rope with one leg. He would even play behind his back. Pretty impressiveWe ate some jambalaya and margarita pizza which was delishI love seeing this kind of stuff and I wonder how much they make every night. I can't imagine being so still. When he did move, it was like a robot. We then chilled at a little jazz place and ate some beignets and drank some coffee. So fun and relaxing there. Had to hurry and leave before all the night time crazies came out.Coming back to our parking spot, weirdo clowns wanted to give the kids beaded necklaces...
We then stayed up late hanging out with Julie while Brett got the kids to bed. We woke up Saturday and made our way to my Grandpa's house in Foley, Al.
That night we ate at Lambert's and saw a lady pass out and the ambulence came. It was crazy but we got the bench where that lady and her famliy were sitting on. Made the wait a little easier. I'm able to sound so inconsiderate because 20 minutes later, she came in and sat down to eat!! The food was so yummy!! Sunday was a little too windy up by the water, so we went to The Hangout and let the kids play on this mound of sand with tunnels and toys while we kicked back and relaxed.Every couple of hours, they start up the bubble foam machine where the kids got soaked
It was kinda crazy going back and forth between the two families but I'm glad we were able to see everyone! We usually spent the day with the Turs and the evening/night with the Delmonts. Monday we took the kids to the beach because they were dying to go but it was still pretty windy and chilly.
Amy wanted me to make her into a beautiful mermaid!
I think I did a pretty good job!
I didn't feel like getting sand all over me, so I just went with Dinosaur feet! Some guy caught a crab and showed it to us which the kids thought was pretty neat. We also saw other people carrying a jellyfish with their surf board. I wish I would have gone over there to see it, but I didn't. Jason made an awesome sand castle
Abbie came that afternoon and brought some bubbles to entertain the kids while we went to the Tanger Outlet mall
Around sunset, we took some pictures by the beach. The Tur cousins: Liam, Avery, Duncan, Crispin, Austen, Zane. Missing Morgan and Levi
Abbie and Didi with the grandkids Gina's fam
Watching a crab. It's so weird how they walk sideways. Since it was so windy by the beach, Amy and I decided to take a couple shots right outside the condo they were staying in as well...

Avery's favorite aunt! haha
Me and my cousins
Tuesday, it was finally nice to layout on the beach. Here is the Delmont crew. Sherry, Blair, Peyton. Sheila (my mom), Brittany, Avery, Zane, Me. Missing Shelly and Jennifer. I couldn't lay out with them though because we went on a dolphin cruise.It was pretty neat seeing the dolphins swim and jump in the air. I pictured several dolphins, but the kids still thought it was awesome. Our trip was over. St. Patricks Day, right before the long 14.5 hour drive home... On this drive, Amy and I had to stay awake somehow. We got 7 or 8 semi's to honk (everyone except a female driver!). We also held up a sign asking if people were wearing green or if we needed to pinch them (yes, we are 13). We also practiced for our American Idle tryout where we will ROCK out and be sure to give several shout outs! Ha. We made it home at Midnight that night and I was welcomed by a very messy house......

3 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Glad you guys were able to go!

Gena said...

Love those last family pictures. You look so tan!

Gina said...

Wow, I LOVED that summary of the trip!! It was aewsome to see you guys! Can't wait for June!