Zane: Do you know why I’m a good listener right now?
Me: Why?
Zane: Because my heart is being special. My heart made me do the right thing for my mommy and daddy.
Zane: Hey Austen, do you remember when we all used to live together. Me Avery Mommy Daddy Amy Aaron and you and henry and your mother and husband….Do you have a husband Austen?
Austen: No.
Zane: …and your father and…
Austen: I don’t have a father.
Zane: Yes you do, It’s Aaron
Austen: No, he’s just my daddy
Zane: Oh, well, do you remember that?
An argument between the two boys… What would you say to them after hearing this!!?
Austen: Zane did you know God and Jesus is the same thing.
Zane: No, Jesus is God’s son. God is the daddy.
Austen: No, they are the same thing. It’s just one guy with two names.
Avery comes home from school today singing…."if you wanna be my lover…" Seriously? Why don't all kids just listen to KLove. Anyway, I tried to explain it isn’t a nice song. She asked why it was mean. I tried to tell her what lover meant then I somehow said the word sex and I’m sure none of it made sense because I would stop mid sentence and decide not to continue. It was a less than constructive conversation and I just wrapped it up by saying…it just isn’t something nice girls sing… I’m sure she’s confused. Oh dear. Why am I a parent?
Can't wait for the nice weather tomorrow. We will be going to the zoo. You should come to!
Hello
3 weeks ago
6 comments:
I love Avery's singing story.. so great.. I can't wait to have those awkward hilarious conversations.
The conversation the boys had about fathers and Dads was so funny! Love it!
SO funny!!! They are adorable!
Those are so cute, I'm not even sure which one is my favorite!
Oh my... I especially loved the one about God and Jesus being the same guy with two names. Hilarious!
If you want to be my lover? I wouldn't know where to begin. That's crazy! And I wish we could have been at the zoo. :)
Post a Comment