Thursday, December 10, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

It's naptime (late nap) and I can't stop wondering how in the world my kids manage to get toothpaste on the back of their head. Nearly everytime. Both. Do they just hit each other with their toothbrushes? Is that how they tell each other "my turn to spit"??

I'm thinking its going to be a Dr. Phil day. I've already done some dishes, laundry, and a couple of errands. I deserve a pillow and a remote control for a little while.

A couple of days ago, I got the last Brownie Batter icecream at braums. Who can seriously deny Christ after something so miraculous as that? He knows if I'm walking into Braums to get it, that I do in fact NEED it...so he provides! He also knows I probably don't need more than 1 tub but on occasion will be weak and lack in self control. Sensing I was weak that day, he gave me no other option. What would I do without him?

My house is so sad. I don't have a single Christmas decoration out. There is no room while we have 240 square feet worth of toys in our living room. It doesn't help that I married Mr. Scrooge who still refuses to put lights up on our house. Yes, 5 years. No lights. Scrooge.

My smart child...
Zane- (finishing up his food in the car when we were on the road) "Now I just need to drink all my water."
Me- "Well, you dont have to drink all of it!"
Wes- "Yea or u will have to pee."
Zane- "Does water turn to pee?"
Me- "Well, Yes."
Zane- "Woah,that's crazy!!!!!! Daddy, did u know water turns to pee? Isn't that funny!??"

My 13 year old child...
Several days ago, Avery informed us that "I had a dream about the jonas brothers and they knew my name!!" Then yesterday she comes home with magazine cut outs of the Jonas Brothers in her backpack and told me to put them on HER facebook...

Seriously Dr. Phil? I don't care that Robin wrote a Christmas book. Very disappointed. I think I will try Hulu. Biggest Loser, don't let me down.......

3 comments:

Gina said...

This year is our 15th anniversary. 2 years ago I had some kind of epiphany and decided that we MUST (for the first time ever) have lights on the house. It has to do with his raising. Lights were not necessary and they were a waste of money and time. He just doesn't understand the joy of Christmas lights and yard decor. Give him about 9 more years, and he'll be the one going out and buying them all.

Gena said...

I so wish we had lights on the house. Yesterday Raegan asked me if lights cost a lot of money to put on. Hmmm...no! I don't know why we don't

Shannon said...

No lights on at my house either! But I do have the tree up!
It is alright there is always next year!