Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bubble gum saved my life...

Avery's school has a fundraiser going on right now and since she sold (I bought) 5 items before a certain deadline, she got a yard stick of bubble gum. Here it is wrapped around like a belt (yes she dressed herself, bow, headband and all. She will be a trend setter or horribly made fun of!).
How it saved my life you wonder? Five minutes prior to her coming home from school, I was gathering sheets off all the beds to wash. I had put them in the washing machine but hadn't turned it on when she came in the door squealing with excitment wanting to know if she could have some gum along with share it with Bella and Zane. I said yes, but let me get a picture of how long it is first! I looked around for the camera and couldn't find it. I had just taken a picture of this hooded towel I had finished during Zane's nap prior to ripping off sheets...(previous one I did had pointed edges and looked like poo. Round is much easier!). Anyway, where in the world did the camera go? It came to me...maybe it's in the sheets in the washing machine. It was. If Avery had not walked in excited about gum that I needed to take a picture of, our camera we just got would be gone. I wonder if it would have ruined the 8 gb card full of pictures and videos too?
Saved on that one...but then this nearly killed me...

It is huge and was found in the laundry room which is conected to the garage. It's like a teenage tarantula. YUCK YUCK YUCK.

4 comments:

bailey said...

that is a sick spider...I have found 4 huge spiders in my apartment in the past month, ick

April said...

I hate spiders. We found a bad one a few weeks ago and I got a picture of it. So glad your camera was ok. Austin would love that yard long gum. We used gum for potty training.

Erin said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The Bristers said...

omg. I would have screamed so loud the neighbors would have come over. The worst I had to do today was swat a HUGE fly...but even that was freaking me out.