Sunday, June 28, 2009

I DID WHAT???

I used my sewing machine!!!! Yes, I decided to whip out the ole thing today. I've been scared to try anything after a frustrating experience a while back. Thanks to a fellow blogger, I thought I could surely make this bandana dress. If I couldn't, I would give away my sewing machine and give up forever.


So this was the first one...yes, she must have accessories when modeling! Here it is stiff and a little bigger...
Now it's been washed and dried with little leggings!
This was the next one, I was very suprised they really did just take about 15 minutes! I thought I'd try a little belt with it, but it kinda looks like a toga? I need to get her some brown little leggings.

After those being fairly successful, I decided to try this for the first time. Very hard and time consuming but I really can't believe it actually turned out wearable.

I hope I haven't started a new addiction....I really need to clean my house!! :)

I couldn't fall asleep at 10:30 last night, so I whipped another one out (but waited for the morning to have it modeled!). If only I would have made the bow also...In case you were really worried about my unclean house, pondering whether or not you should turn me in...i've done 2 loads of laundry and unloaded/loaded the dishwater!!!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

Those turned out so cute!! They really are easy...huh!! The applique shirt is cute, too! Watch out! It is super addictive!!

The Lj's said...

way to cute... Love the shirt and jeans!

Lauren said...

I'm impressed!! Those are so cute!!!

Shelly said...

Veery cute. I love the leggings under neath!

Leah said...

Hey! Ok, so how do you get the star/butterfly to be sewn on the shirt like that? I want to make a pillow with a letter on it and am not quite sure what its called to look up instructions online!
Leah

Lisa said...

Ok so I'm interested in trying to attempt making one of these myself. Let me know what all I need to get at Hob. Lob. for the project. Also where do you find the short leggings like she is wearing? I haven't looked...are there all colors of them? I am looking forward to seeing how this will go! Thanks for your help!