Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Watch out...I'm cooking!!!

When visiting my great sister-in-law in Alabama this past week, she told me about this website I should try. It's $15 for three months so we came home and thought we'd try it. It's called e-mealz and you can sign up for whatever size of family at whatever grocery store you use and if you have a particular diet. We chose Low Fat Walmart Family Plan (4-6 people). Each week you get on their and print out this...

It always has a more gormet meal, a crockpot meal, and then easy and cheap meals. It picks the meal plan depending on what is on sale at your store to save you money!! They send you the grocery list of exactly what you need and it is always around $75 for our family plan (which a week lasts longer because of leftovers!) It is $35 a week for plan for 2. This is great because I hate figuring out what we need from the store so i'd just say get whatever and Wes would come back with a lot of hamburger helper and kashi pizzas and that was about it!!!



As you can see by these pictures I circled four meals I was going to try and circled the things needed in the grocery list we needed. I forgot to tell Wes only get the things circled so he got everything! I now have to make all of them even the ones I wasn't sure I was ready for!!! Anyway it also breaks up the list according to where they are in the store. Produce, grocery, dairy, etc. Yesterday I tried making the Easy Cheesburger Pie. I will say it looks somewhat like barf but it wasn't bad. Needed a little more salt I thought but very much edible! I was proud of myself! The cheese isn't all the way melted because I was too excited I needed to try some before it was done! I'll probably post about this again after I try some more! I could become a famous chef and write a book like Brei Vandecamp!!!

2 comments:

Tonya Tuggle said...

HOW COOL! I may have to try this! Let me know how you like it after a few more weeks...

Chellie said...

Hey that's pretty cool.. Did you put the web site address on there.. I missed it if you did.