Friday, November 18, 2011

Avery's First Level 4 Gym Meet

Intersquad Meet.
11-17-11 5:00-9:00pm.

This was a very informal meet that was just for practice. It may be her only meet this year, depending on if she gets a couple skills she doesn't have yet. The coach said she is allowed to compete the events she has, but I'm not sure I want to pay a meet fee ($90) if she isn't ready to compete on everything.

She got her best score on vault...it was an 8 something
(The coach kept score cards to record them and planned to give them to us today, but we are skipping to watch a friend perform in Annie!! We'll get the score card Monday.)


Next best score was beam. She get's so nervous on beam and is a little less confident up there. She got a 7.8 I think? She went overtime and had a few missteps.


Floor is her favorite and would be her best score, however a few weeks ago she decided she could no longer do a round-off back-handspring without spot. It's so frustrating to me since she used to do it all the time. She will do it when they are practicing, but when she does it with the routine, she wants a spot. Erg. Hopefully she gets over this quickly, or I might go crazy!! Her score was a 6 something.


She got a 6 something on bars also. Its the hardest event for most of the girls in level 4. Once we get these two skills she needed help with, we'll compete at a real meet!


I realllllly wanted to be a kid again and run out there and tumble on that floor. Being out there brought so many fun memories to my mind. I LOVED watching her and I think she did great!!
Good job Avers!!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Way to go, Avery! I grew up in gymnastics and loved it! (It' doesn't look like either of my kids is going to follow in my footsteps, though).

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Great job, Avery! Very cool to watch!

Alyssa said...

She looks great!! Super fun!

Gena said...

This is awesome. I love seeing our babies grow up and watching where their interests take them. There's a documentary in there, I just know it. What a sweet tiny gymnast. (p.s. Raegan and I had a discussion about A and her booster seat tonight. I was laughing, because I wanted to tell her that Avery would probably have to be in a booster until she is 15 because of weight.....)