Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summit. How I Love Thee.

Going to California in mid August is heavenly. Weather, perfect. Beach, awesome. Saddleback Church, breathtaking. I Love Love going to the Summit National CR leadership Training. I went in 2008 and am so glad I went this year. I'm reallllllllllllllllly hoping I can take Wes next year. August 15th is a deadline for financials at his work, but I'm determined to make a way!!!!

I will start with a few pictures of the church grounds. It's like a nice resort. Here are the steps to the main worship building. There is also a huge bathroom facility with toilet handles that when you lift up will do a small flush and when you push down will take care of the big jobs.
This is the children's building and lovely landscaping!
The refinery bldg is for the youth group. It is awesome inside with a "theater room" and many other themed rooms. On the other side of the building there is a waterfall and white sand area and then a big skateboard area with all sorts of ramps. Very awesome.
Even more amazing were the speakers there. I can listen to Rick Warren speak all day everyday. Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend were great too. The testimonies this year were very inspirational and really spoke to me. Loved it. I feel like I have so much to say, yet my brain shut down from information overload and has yet to reboot. This has been the craziest week ever but that will be another post. So me saying it was awesome is about all you are going to get right now!

This was a nice perk too...
Here is the awesome group that went this year. I had a great time and can't wait to go back. There is not a better place to be on Friday nights than at MRCC's Celebrate Recovery! There is also not a better place to be than at the Summit Aug. 8-10 2012!! Just sayin. Oh, and Sept. 2012, Home Run, a movie based on CR, will hit the theaters. You can win a role on the movie by uploading a video on you tube. I will not be doing that, but you can!! Be sure to watch the movie when it comes out!PS. If you are wondering what is up with the picture...it has been altered due to not knowing if a couple of people had broken their anonymity.

Man it's past my bedtime...

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Cannot believe that church campus! Wow! I love Dr. Henry Cloud's books. And the glittery part on the picture did make me wonder what was up with that person's outfit! Looks like a great trip!