Monday, August 29, 2011

All Day With NO Kids?!?!

I can't imagine staying home all day with no kids. Many can do it, my mom being one of them, but I get too depressed and go crazy!! I work 3 days a week while the kids are in school and ast week I did NOTHING during my days off. Sounds much lovelier than it was. I have to get out of house and have conversations with people. Working out at Body and Soul, having lunch dates with other stay at home momma's, and eating lunch with the kids are must do's on my days off. I can handle being home alone only about 2 hours in which I'll clean(or decorate) one room and then...start CRAFTING(or decorating)!

Here is what I did today.

Tip: Put headband on child before gluing or it might turn out insanely ginormous! Why can't I get these right?!?! I'll keep trying... At least the skirt turned out pretty cute. I almost made a matching shirt, but the headband kinda got me outta the mood!!!
These are the few things I did during this summer when time was much more limited...



Also this summer, we've been having fun with shrink-a-doodles. I wanted to try an experiment, though. Here is the normal white background name brand stuff which Avery created by herself... and here is an uglier designed version of a melted Pei Wei container! Works just the same with a semi-foggyish background. I also tried a totally clear container and it worked great too!
It's been fun trying new things like shrinking plastics and making wire jewelry, but it's nice getting to sew outfits again!! I'm gonna have to browse Etsy and steal some cute shirt ideas!!

Did I really just post about my crafts before posting the first day of school pics? Crud. I'll do that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Wow! I only wish that I was that productive when I was home alone. Although I can't remember the last time I was home alone....

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I don't even know what home alone means...one day I will. But, I have a feeling I will fill it up like you do! Enjoy! BTW, love the skirt!