Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm pretty much not need anymore...

It all started with a little sale in January. I caved and bought these little beauties...Every single day the week after it came in Avery got up and made her lunch. It was all before I even woke up! String cheese, yogurt, and a turkey and cheese sandwich. Occasionally she would get real brave and throw in some baby carrots or grapes. It rubbed off on him too...I have since taught him which knife is best to use, but he is one proud little boy. One part of me wants to be sad, but then I realize I got teenage years ahead of me and I am totally OK with takin' a break when I can!My breaks have consisted of consuming the following almost everyday:
A yummy and healthier version of no-bake cookies. I just grabbed everything I had and went with uncle sam.
Warning: If you have IBS, don't go with the uncle sam and skip out on adding fiber powder to it! It didn't end so well with a certain someone I know!!!
Above is my chocolate protein powder, pb, honey, and Uncle Sam cereal and below are vanilla protein powder, pb, honey, and oats. Both were super yummy!! I have a hard time sharing, but I will share the recipe! I half the recipe so they will always be fresh!! Much yummier and better option than granola bars, and even cliff and luna bars in my opinion...
Taking a break also involves enjoy these shakes EVERYDAY while I chill in bed right before getting in the shower. I usually use regular milk but thought I'd get adventurous. I also usually use spinach but one time the store was out so I thought I'd try this...
(The little tub above is the fiber powder)
Did you get a good look?
IT WAS AMAZING. The chocolate (and sometimes I add pb) is really all you can taste! Zane watched me make this and said "You put salad in there?? Oh man that is going to be disgusting" I bribed him to just try it and he ended up asking for more!

I wondered if the chocolate could hide the taste of blueberries too. IT COULDN'T. Not a good mix I must say.
Vanilla and fruit were ok...
He liked it...
But I'm a chocolate lover. Off to go make me one now...

4 comments:

Erin said...

Those are the cutest lunch boxes ever! I want to get Haylie one when she is older. And you'll always be needed. Your MOM! :)

Alyssa said...

Those are the cutests lunchboxes ever. Now the shakes...hmmmmm...I'm not so sure about them.

Kayla said...

I said the same thing to my friend who asked me to try it. I was super skeptical especially since I HATED Arbonne's previous protein powder. I fell so in love, I make everyone who comes in my house try it! Never had one not like it!

Brittany Bean said...

The shake and bars are both great! I was one of the ones Kayla made try both and now I have powder and my own bars!!!