Feel free to just read the bold!!
I had no intentions of having the kids switch schools until next Fall.
However, things changed and it all happened really fast. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure my parents know!?
Driving back and forth was less fun than originally thought.
It was very hard for me to pick up kids from MDO on the East side at 2:30, drive to my house on the West side, and then 30 minutes later go back to the East side to get Avery from school. Now that the weather is getting colder, we can't just kill time at a near by park for that hour. Because of that, we'd just leave her at her friend's house until 4 and many times even 5 (when it was time for soccer or gymnastics). That worked out just fine, but it left no time for homework. If homework doesn't get done before 5, it doesn't get done...it wasn't getting done.
3:30 Tuesday Nov. 2nd, I pondered switching the kids at Christmas time. I called the new school to put Zane on the waiting list for Pre-k in hopes something would open up at the semester. They told me someone had just dropped that day. They don't hold spots and I was told Pre-K openings don't last long.
That night was Zane's teacher conference so I talked to her about it. She was very sad to lose Zane, but she thought he would do great with the change. She said he was always excited about EVERYTHING they did. He was attentive and got a long with everyone. He was ahead academically, so she didn't think the move would harm him at all. I also emailed Avery's teacher and got her opinion. She said it would actually be easier to switch now (since 9 weeks just ended) than at Christmas time when the 9 weeks won't be over until the middle of Jan.
Wednesday morning, I decided to make the switch and went to fill out an insane amount of paperwork, but didn't have a utility bill because we hadn't gotten one yet.
Thursday morning I took them over a letter from electric company
and the lady told me she was so glad I brought this that day because someone had just called about an opening for Pre-k!
This past Monday was their first day!
I walked Avery into the cafeteria where the kids wait until the bell rings.
The one bad thing is Zane is now in PM and he really needs his nap.
It's good that we can see friends in the mornings, but man he is not a happy camper after school. I forgot my camera when dropping Zane off...(Insert cute picture of Zane waving to me as he walks to the Pre-K playground)
Tuesday I totally forgot to pick the kids up from school!
I got there at 4ish! Oops. I'm not used to picking them up at that time and my phone will only hold 3 alarms (7:30- wake up, 10:50- get J and R, 2:15- get P and E)!
Wednesday I remembered to pick them up and was able to capture an amazing picture of it...(Zane's backpack and red shirt are behind Avery!)
I had no intentions of having the kids switch schools until next Fall.
However, things changed and it all happened really fast. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure my parents know!?
Driving back and forth was less fun than originally thought.
It was very hard for me to pick up kids from MDO on the East side at 2:30, drive to my house on the West side, and then 30 minutes later go back to the East side to get Avery from school. Now that the weather is getting colder, we can't just kill time at a near by park for that hour. Because of that, we'd just leave her at her friend's house until 4 and many times even 5 (when it was time for soccer or gymnastics). That worked out just fine, but it left no time for homework. If homework doesn't get done before 5, it doesn't get done...it wasn't getting done.
3:30 Tuesday Nov. 2nd, I pondered switching the kids at Christmas time. I called the new school to put Zane on the waiting list for Pre-k in hopes something would open up at the semester. They told me someone had just dropped that day. They don't hold spots and I was told Pre-K openings don't last long.
That night was Zane's teacher conference so I talked to her about it. She was very sad to lose Zane, but she thought he would do great with the change. She said he was always excited about EVERYTHING they did. He was attentive and got a long with everyone. He was ahead academically, so she didn't think the move would harm him at all. I also emailed Avery's teacher and got her opinion. She said it would actually be easier to switch now (since 9 weeks just ended) than at Christmas time when the 9 weeks won't be over until the middle of Jan.
Wednesday morning, I decided to make the switch and went to fill out an insane amount of paperwork, but didn't have a utility bill because we hadn't gotten one yet.
Thursday morning I took them over a letter from electric company
and the lady told me she was so glad I brought this that day because someone had just called about an opening for Pre-k!
This past Monday was their first day!
I walked Avery into the cafeteria where the kids wait until the bell rings.
It's good that we can see friends in the mornings, but man he is not a happy camper after school. I forgot my camera when dropping Zane off...(Insert cute picture of Zane waving to me as he walks to the Pre-K playground)
Tuesday I totally forgot to pick the kids up from school!
I got there at 4ish! Oops. I'm not used to picking them up at that time and my phone will only hold 3 alarms (7:30- wake up, 10:50- get J and R, 2:15- get P and E)!
Wednesday I remembered to pick them up and was able to capture an amazing picture of it...(Zane's backpack and red shirt are behind Avery!)
2 comments:
It was not boring and I even read the fine print. I hope the transition continues to go smoothly. Maybe you'll get 5 minutes to yourself! :)
Not boring...perfect way to show how life with making decisions for our kid's is not easy and comes with changes all the time! Hang in there!
Post a Comment