Sunday, September 12, 2010

We've Hit A Milestone...



A few days ago, we decided to try and teach Avery how to ride a bike with no training wheels. It was not real successful. I don't know if she feels too much pressure when we ask her to try something, but she gets so flustered and frustrated (like with reading). It was fussiness the whole five minutes. I was convinced we'd just wait another year...

Yesterday, she was playing outside with a neighbor a couple of years older than her and she comes in and says "I know how to ride a bike now!" I guess she does much better with 8 year old instructions. She felt no pressure, she was able to keep her cool and just keep trying again. Each time she gained a little more confidence which gave her the drive to continue. I then came out and helped her a little more, and she mastered it. She can now even start off by herself. She loves it and wants to ride her bike all day long now. If the girl would just stay calm and have a little confidence, she could do anything she wants to do.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I am so impressed! Tell Avery, "Way to go!"

(Mia gave up in about 0.5 seconds and begged for the training wheels to go back on)