Drab and Dreary to Hello Skittles
Here it was when we moved in
It definitely needed some brightening up in the paint department as well as the floor
It needed color in the cabinets as well as blinds and a curtain. I have walked around in the kitchen at night nearly naked many times with an uncovered window. Oops.
Then the task of making a valance. Love the fabric but hate the satin trim. I wanted cotton bias tape but it didn't come in the thick size. It looks like it came off a bridesmaid's dress. It will be changed...eventually.
I didn't like these two pictures on a huge wall with a long table, so I thought throwing up a painting would help. It didn't.
So then I thought I'd try a bunch of un-windexed mirrors. They hang high, but our chairs are tall and its a narrow space back there. Does it need more? Does it look too much like skittles and I just need to start all over???
I'm thinking the valance will be changed to match the table runner. The orange is slightly better, although I'm wishing I had done black. Again...skittle-ish?
I recovered the barstool's and need to have the rug narrowed down, but that will be...eventually. Welcome to my Willy Wonka's Kitchen. I think I over did it. I HATE decorating.
Oh, and here is the kid's bathroom finished window treatment. Should it have been longer??
Oh well
And the here's the hanging artwork.
I thought it was a tad more masculine for Zane than the original hanging bow.
Yes. One mirror is hanging lower. It'll be fixed...eventually...
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
+(1024x768).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment