Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Restaurant.com Finds

We tend to eat out at the same place (On the Border) and never branch out. There are so many places we have never tried, so I thought this would be the best way to try things. If we didn't like it, at least we got about 50% off our meal! Last summer, I had more time being bored and reading blogs in the evenings while I watched Wes look all pathetic!! I read about restaurant.com having an 80% off sale. Not knowing they had those sales ALL THE TIME, I quickly bought 12 $25 gift certificates for $24. Problem was, Wes was just starting work again after being out for 5 months, so he was busy playing catch up. He was also EXHAUSTED when he got home. Plus we really had no money to eat out! Those certificates were filed away and forgotten. I found them and realized they were set to expire the end of July (a year after purchasing), so we had better start using them!

I'll start with the most fun: Incredible Pizza (which is no longer called this, but they accept the coupon). I think I was the only mom that had never taken her kids to a place like this just a few months ago. My nephew had is party at Chuck E's and then we ate here last month. Whew. I can check that off the list of things to do before the kids are teenagers! BTW Indredible Pizza was MUCH better than Chuck E's!

We ate in the Disney Movie Room and got to watch Tinker Bell's latest... We rode some fun go carts... and played this game the most (since we could all help step on the buttons when they lit up and thus winning us more tickets!) Zane was not happy when he didn't win any tickets from bowling! Biggest complaint...unlike Chuck E's where you can win candy, here you can only win plastic bugs and crap I will throw away after 3 minutes! Kids loved it though and it was 10pm before we knew it. We'll have to go again!
Next up was actually not from restaurant.com (although it may be there). Zorba's is a yummy Greek place. We were celebrating Wes and Zane's bday.
My Pizza was sooo yummy!
1492 New World Latin Cuisine was awesome! Never had such good salmon! The desserts are huge so don't think you are hungry enough to tackle one yourself. Oh, and I don't recommend my milk cake or whatever it was. Wes's was much better!
This might be my favorite. Cafe Pranzo. Awesome pesto chicken pizza. Yummy bruchetta! Very nice cute décor. The pizza is even amazing as leftovers!

Not pictured: Mamasitos. Might be my favorite Mexican restaurant. With this coupon the price is great!

Rococo. It's dark inside so when you go in, you can't see anything until your eyes adjust! Very overpriced asparagus that weren't as good as what I make at home, but the pasta dish I ate was great! Would never eat here without the coupon but nice date night set up.

Le Cep Bistro. My food was great but I can't remember what it was other than chicken! It was different and nothing like I had ever had before, but I loved it.

Nancy's 57th Street Lighthouse. They should probably advertise this is mainly a bar and smoking is allowed inside. We walked in and immediately walked out. Our lungs were relieved we did not eat there.

Jazmoz Bourbon Street Cafe. I found this one the day after it expired. I was shocked when they told me over the phone they would not accept it. If people who have never stepped foot in your restaurant are wanting to, I'd let them! Now I will never go.

The others all expired and were trashed. We definitely got our $24 worth though!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Zorba's was our assignment for our Vienna group's international restaurant. I thought it was delish!